How to do a Strikethrough in OpenOffice
If you don’t have Microsoft Office 2010 on your business computers, you can use the free OpenOffice software suite in your small business to create and edit everything from spreadsheets to text documents. In this article, you will learn how to do a strikethrough in OpenOffice.
The OpenOffice Writer program offers you several options when you’re striking out a word. You can use single or double lines, bold lines, slashes, or X’s as the strikethrough character. However, you can apply many effects to text blocks within your documents, including strike-through, or strike-out. This effect is useful when you want to remove something from the document but still be able to see it.
Strikethrough is a text format that places some form of a horizontal line through a word or sentence. It often indicates a correction, while still allowing the reader to see the original text. It also implies the deletion of an element, such as striking out one feature in a product feature list.
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/i/how-to-do-a-strikethrough-in-openoffice/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-08-18T13:55:33.000Z
- Open or create a document in OpenOffice.
- Select the text block to which you want to add the strike-out effect.
- Right-click the selected text and select “Style” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Strikethrough” in the resulting submenu, and select the type of strikethrough you need.
- OpenOffice applies the strike-out effect immediately, or click “OK” to apply the strikethrough.