How to Easily Delete Instagram Messages
Delete Instagram messages – Since it was first launched in 2010, Instagram has steadily and surely gained popularity, leaving behind tough competitors like Snapchat, and even Twitter, thanks to the app’s ability to constantly innovate and quickly evolve. One of the reasons why Instagram is hugely popular is that it works perfectly well on mobile.
While Instagram is mainly a platform to post photos and videos with your followers and to check out what’s going on in your friend’s and favorite celebrities’ lives, the social media platform also offers a feature known as Instagram Direct, which serves as Instagram’s own private messaging system.
Whether you want to reply to a friend’s Instagram Story or just want to have a quick conversation with someone you follow or who follows you, Instagram Direct lets you do it.
That being said, if you use Instagram Direct a lot, chances are your inbox might get a little full. If a conversation is finished and you no longer want it in your inbox, it’s possible to delete Instagram messages in a few simple steps.
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/i/how-to-delete-instagram-messages/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-08-26T16:16:38.000Z
- Locate the Instagram icon on your iPhone or Android’s home screen and tap to open the app.
- In the upper right-hand corner of your screen, tap the Instagram Direct icon, which appears as a small paper plane.
- Locate the conversation you wish to delete. On your iPhone, swipe left to reveal the Mute and Delete options. On your Android, you can reveal these options by tapping and holding on to the conversation.
- Tap Delete on the conversation. A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm your wish to delete the conversation. Tap Delete again to remove the conversation completely.
It should be noted that deleting a conversation only removes it from your inbox. The person you had the conversation with can still see it in their own inbox unless they also delete it. You can also unsend a message on Instagram Direct rather than deleting the entire conversation. Here’s how to do it.
Let us say you sent a message you want to take back- a message sent at the height of your emotions or after getting drunk on a night out with friends or an embarrassing proclamation of undying love accidentally sent to an ex?
Thank heavens for Instagram quietly introducing the Unsend feature a few years ago. Yep, you heard that right! You can “unsend” or delete a message on Instagram.
- Tap the inbox icon. It is at the top-right corner of your screen. It looks like a little paper airplane if you do not have any unread messages. If you have unread messages, the icon is a pink circle with the number of unread messages inside.
- Hold the message you have sent to someone.
- Tap Unsend and the message will disappear from the conversation.