Kexts is very important for those that build or use a Hackintosh, this is like a driver for all the components in your PC, and it’s essential to keep it updated from time to time to make sure your Mac Hackintosh is running smoothly and perfectly. In this article, we will be talking about how to update Kexts in your Hackintosh.
How To Update Kexts In Your Hackintosh
Now, follow the below steps and update and make your Kexts work smoothly and perfectly:
- First, download and install the Kext Updater application.
- Next, launch the app and choose the Check button at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you’ve tapped the Check button, the app will start scanning for the Kexts being used in your system.
- Then, the Kext updater will automatically start downloading the latest version of all the Kexts in the “Kext-Updates” folder located on your desktop of your Hackintosh.
- Now, choose the EFI button in the Kext Updater application and proceed to input your Hackintosh password.
- Then, make your way into the ‘Kext-Updates’ folder on your desktop and copy all the downloaded Kexts inside /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other. All Kexts will be downloaded in their folder.
- Start to copy and paste them one after the other.