How To Easily Uninstall Anaconda Manually
Anaconda is a free Python distribution platform open-source. This software gathers all the necessary components in one toolkit and is popularly used by data scientists and aimed data scientists. It takes about 3 GB of disk space and works as a full-fledged program, in contrast to other software. In this article, we will be explaining how to uninstall Anaconda manually quickly.
To uninstall Anaconda, you can do a simple removal of the program. This will leave a few files behind, which for most users is just fine.
Windows tool is a built-in feature you can use to remove or uninstall Anaconda. However, follow the steps to get it done:
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/how-to-uninstall-anaconda/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-05-16T21:02:22.000Z
- Launch or open your Windows tools.
- Click the Windows search bar in the bottom left corner.
- Now, push the Start icon.
- Then, tap the item to view the list of the apps on your PC.
- Locate Anaconda in that list, left-click it and press the Uninstall button.
- Then, click another Uninstall button in the pop-up Windows to confirm the removal.
- OS may request the confirmation as administrator, and after it, the built-in uninstaller will appear.
- Confirm and wait until completion.
The software can be removed in two ways. Either you run a program’s native installer/uninstall or directly remove files and folders.
- Launch the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
- Now, go to the processes tab.
- Close Anaconda applications – detect the conda.exe process and end it and any other tasks related to Anaconda or Python.
Location of files and folders
Default Anaconda location on Windows 10:
Also, delete all the Start menu shortcuts manually if you delete files and folders manually one by one. The path of these shortcuts usually looks like this:
C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Anaconda3 (n-bit).
If you have no idea where Anaconda is located, use the File Explorer built-in search box.
- Check to make sure you have the uninstalled ready.
- Now, open the main folder of the app and locate the uninstaller.
- In some cases, it looks like Uninstall-Anaconda3.exe.
- Open and confirm it, then wait a bit.
- Now reboot your Computer.
Alternatively, one can delete files and folders. Afterward, use the File Explorer search box for potential leftovers, but be careful not to remove system files.