How to Turn Off Google Smart Assistant
If you want to learn how to turn off Google Smart Assistant? You’re reading the right post. There are ways you can customize the way Google Smart Assistant interacts with others. This article explains how to turn Google Assistant Off.
- Open the Google app on your phone.
- Tap on More at the bottom right.
- Select Settings.
- Tap on Google Assistant.
- Scroll down to Assistant Devices and tap on Phone
- Tap the Google Assistant toggle to turn it off.
- Go to More
- Google Assistant.
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/how-to-turn-off-google-assistant/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-06-15T19:55:30.000Z
Sometimes even when you do not need Google Assistant or issue a command, it will pick up your voice, which can be frustrating. The best way is to set the app preferences, so it’ll only pick up voice commands when you’re in the car.
- Go to Settings and tap Apps.
- Tap the Three Vertically-Stacked Dots at the top-right for more options and tap Default apps.
- Tap on Device Assistance App (or Assist App).
- You can change various settings here, and they’ll be different depending on your device.
- Tap the Gear icon to dig deeper, access more options, and select Voice Match.
- You can now turn off Access with Voice Match but leave it on while driving.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap Home and select a device.
- Tap the Settings gear icon.
- Tap Digital Wellbeing > New Schedule.
- Pick all the devices you want to apply it to, then tap Next.
- Pick the days, choose a ready-made schedule, create a custom schedule, and tap Next.
- Choose start and end times, then Next > Done.
If you decide to turn it on again, it’s easy to reverse any of these settings by following the same path.