For Minecraft lovers, foxes were introduced in 2018 as a mob (Non-Playable Character). In this walkthrough, we will be explaining how to easily Tame a Fox in Minecraft.
Like most animal mobs, foxes can be tamed so they’ll heed and respect you. However, unlike those other animals, you can’t simply convince any random fox to like you. Instead, you’ll need to breed a new fox into existence.
To tame a fox, you have to go through the following processes:
- Find adult foxes
- Capture the foxes
- Feed the foxes
- Remove the foxes from the trail of their parents
Finding A Fox In Minecraft
Tame A Fox In Minecraft
Finding foxes are a little tricky. You’ll have to go to the Taiga biomes and look for them.
You can find foxes in pairs of adults. Finding younger foxes are even rarer. Red foxes are found in the normal Taigas and white foxes within the snowy ones, so keep that in mind if you’re after a specific colour.
Capturing A Fox In Minecraft
To tame a fox, you’ll need to make two wild foxes have a child. Here’s how to do it.
- First, you’ll need to find your wild adult foxes in the taiga biomes with tall, green spruce trees. There’s a few variations of the taiga biome, including snowy taigas that feature white foxes.
- Your chances of finding them are higher during the day
- Get into a crouching position as soon as you sight a fox
- Trap the Fox by building a pen around it. Make sure the walls are tall.
- If you stand up straight, the Foxes disappear immediately
- You can trap two foxes together in a pen
- You can also use a boat to trap a fox
Feeding The Foxes
Tame A Fox In Minecraft
Feeding the Foxes is important and crucial in your goal of breeding.
Also read: How To Easily Make A Campfire In Minecraft
After securing two adult Foxes, Crouch and get close to them then equip a sweet berry. You can find sweet berries in green-and-red bushes you sometimes see which hamper and hurt you when you walk through them.
Equip the sweet berries in your tab, and then approach the fox and use the berries on it to feed it a berry. If you’re struggling to get near enough to feed the foxes, make sure you’re crouching.
After feeding sweet berries to both foxes, they’ll instantly breed a baby fox.
This baby fox is a change in atmosphere when compared to their parents. They appear sweet, calm and beautiful.
This does not mean you are done as there is still one more thing to do for the baby fox to be fully under your control.
Remove The Offspring From The Trails Of Its Parents
If you leave the baby fox alone, it would choose to follow its parents. In this case, if you try to approach it, it would run along with its parents.
To prevent this, attach a leash to the baby fox and walk it away from its parents.
Get a leash by using a string and slime ball or you could be luck to find one in a treasure chest.
Don’t miss: How To Make A Grindstone In Minecraft
Attach the leash by equipping it and using it on the baby fox. From there, you can easily lead him away to begin a new life with you. Once you’re a few steps away, it’ll forget about its parents and stop following them.
You finally have your first tamed fox! You can follow the procedure to tame more foxes and have a whole skulk of foxes who are loyal to you.
You can attach name tags on them to keep track of them and keep them healthy.
- How To Make A Potion Of Harming In Minecraft
- How To Make A Night Vision Potion In Minecraft
- How To Easily Make Flower Pot In Minecraft