Excel is straightforward to use, but sometimes there may be problems for newbies on how to move columns in Excel. However, there are several ways to rearrange your columns in an Excel worksheet.
How to Move Columns in Excel Using Mouse
Here’s how to move columns in Excel using your mouse. Getting this done only takes a highlight and a drag-and-drop motion.
- Place the cursor over the top of the column you want to move in the worksheet you want to rearrange.
- Your cursor change to an arrow immediately. Now click to highlight the columns once you’ve noticed the changes.
- Now, press and hold the Shift key on the keyboard.
- And then click and hold on the right or left border of the column you want to move and drag it to the right or left.
- As you drag your cursor across the columns, you’ll see the borders darken to indicate where the new column will appear.
- When you’re happy with the location, release the mouse click.
Using Cut And Paste
- Select the entire column by clicking on the column header.
- Use the Ctrl + X, or right-click the column and choose Cut from the context menu to cut the selected part.
- Select a column to insert your already cut columns.
- Now, click on it and choose Insert Cut Cells from the pop-up menu.