Did you know you can easily mirror a FaceTime call to an Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV using AirPlay feature on an iPhone or iPad? This article shows you how.
Firstly, make sure your iOS device and Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network before following the steps bellow.
You can find the official list of AirPlay 2-compatible smart TVs on Apple’s Home Accessories webpage. If not sure your smart TV supports AirPlay 2?
How to Mirror a FaceTime Call to Apple TV
- Go to Control Center on your iOS device: On an iPad with a Home button, double-tap the Home button; on iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom of the screen; and on a 2018 iPad Pro or iPhone X and later, swipe down from the upper right of the screen.
- Tap Screen Mirroring.
- Click your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV from the list.
- If an AirPlay passcode appears on your TV screen, enter the passcode on your iOS device.
- Once screen mirroring is established, launch the FaceTime app and initiate a video call in the usual way.
You should see the video of your FaceTime call on the chosen mirrored device, once you’ve followed the steps.
To stop mirroring your iOS device, open the Control Center again, tap Screen Mirroring, then tap Stop Mirroring. Alternatively, if mirroring to an Apple TV, press the Menu button on your Apple TV Remote.
- How to Use the On Screen Keyboard on an iPad Pro With Keyboard Connected
- AirPlay Not Working? Here’s The Real Fix
- How to Fix AirPlay Not Working On LG TV