KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR is a common Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error code also known as stop code which appears when a system suffers from a severe hardware or software problem, the system force stops the Operating System to defense itself, and you see a blue screen of death with error code: KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR (MsFs.SYS). In this tutorial, we will be explaining what Kernel data Inpage error is and how to fix BSOD.
The ERROR can also appear beside other common BSOD error codes such as 0x0000007A, 0xC000009A, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D, 0xC000016A, and 0xC0000185.
Most time this kind of error occurs, it always result in data loss
Steps To Fix KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR
Make sure you back up all your data before proceeding to fix this error, however if your data had been corrupted or lost, you can restore it by using data recovery tool to restore the data from the corrupt drive.
1. Inspect The Hardware Connections And Wires
Analyze the hard drive SATA cable and power supply cable for a strong connection. After confirming it all in place then try to boot system.
2. Inspect Hard Drive
- Check SMART Disk Information
- Run CHKDSK Repair
- CHKDSK repair can fix several issues with hard drives the likes of, minor file system errors, corruption, and reallocate bad sectors.
- Use Data Recovery Software
3. Clean Boot (Kernel Inpage Error)
You can do this by following these steps after you have disconnected all the peripheral devices such as printer etc
- Power off the PC or Laptop
- Turn ON the system and press F8 key continuously until you see ‘Advanced Boot options’
- Using the arrow keys, move the selection to Safe mode with Networking and press ‘Enter.’
- Log in to the system and then, press Windows+R.
- Type msconfig and click ‘OK.’
- Go to General tab and click Selective Startup radio button
- Then Uncheck load Startup items and
- Disable ‘Load Startup Items’
- Then go to the Services tab and click ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ checkbox.
- Click ‘Disable all’ button at the bottom right and restart the system.
4. Restore BIOS Default Settings
Turn OFF the system. Then power ON and press the BIOS key(F2), continuously as the system starts to boot.
After few mins you will pass into the BIOS (Firmware) settings where you will choose set up default or reset to default.
After BIOS reset, restart the system and check if the KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR is resolved.
5. Uninstall Third-Party Incompatible software
To Uninstall recently installed software, go to Control Panel> Programs> Program and Features.
Check the ‘Installed On’ date and uninstall the software.
6. Remove Hardware
If you just upgraded a hardware component, remove the component.
7. Run Antivirus And Malware Scan
You can run a virus and malware scan by using the Windows Defender tool.
Don’t miss: How To Perform A Netsh Winsock Reset
8. Disable, Re-install Or Update Device Drivers
Check hard drive drivers for damage or corruption. You can do so by following these steps:
- Press the Windows+X key and then select ‘Device Manager’ from the list.
- Expand ‘Disk Drives’ and right-click on the hard drive.
- Select ‘Properties’ to confirm the effectiveness status of the device
- Then go to the ‘Driver’ tab and click ‘Uninstall’ if the driver isn’t working properly or click ‘Update Driver’
- Then install the latest driver update for the installed hard disk automatically.
- After installing or updating the drivers, restart the PC.
- How To Open VOB Files On Windows 10 & Mac
- 14 Ways To Open The Command Prompt In Windows 10
- How To Fix Black Screen Problems On Windows 10
Image Credit: Stellarinfo