This post will find the solutions to the error Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast Device. If you use Google Chromecast to watch Disney Plus, you may have this problem. Keep reading to find the various fixes.
The good news is that there are many things you can do at home that could fix the Disney Plus connection issues that you have.
If you see Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast Device message on your device, then this guide will help you resolve this issue.
Note: This is not the same as the error message Chromecast Source Not Supported, which you also may experience from time to time.
Many TV brands do not support the Chromecasting of Disney+. Here, we have compiled a list of tips you can follow to have a pleasant experience of watching your favorite shows on the Disney+ platform with your Chromecast device.
How to Watch Disney+ on Chromecast?
Anyone can start streaming content of Disney+ on Television using the Chromecast Device. The following steps will help you to do so.
- Ensure that the Chromecast device is connected to the Television and turned on.
- Now, open the Disney+ app on your Smartphone and select the movie or show you want to stream.
- Select the Cast Icon from the upper right corner of the page.
- You would be asked to select the Device name from here and select the Chromecast Device when prompted on the screen.
- The connection will be established, and you can start streaming the selected show of Disney+ on Television using a Chromecast device.
This is how you can start streaming any of your favorite shows or movie from the Disney+ app using the Chromecast device. In addition, you can play or pause the show anytime or mute it using your mobile phone since your device is connected with Chromecast.
How to fix Disney Plus streaming problems at home
If you discover Disney Plus not working in your home, a number of actions might fix those problems:
- If you are experiencing streaming problems at home, you might want to restart your TV, set-top box, game console, or mobile handset to see if that solves the issue.
- Turn off your home router for about 60 seconds, and then restart it to see if that fixes the download stream.
- You can turn off your modem for up to 30 seconds and restart it.
- You can try to reinstall the Disney Plus apps on your devices.
- If you are still dealing with streaming issues, your wireless router may be in a poor location, and its signals are being blocked. Try moving it to an area of the home that’s more open. You might also try directly connecting the router to your smart TV, set-top box, or game console. You will need at least 5Mbps of download speed to access HD content on Disney Plus and 25Mbps for 4K streaming.
- Some older TVs and monitors might have issues streaming video from the service at higher definitions. For Disney Plus, your TV or monitor should support HDCP 2.2 for viewing 4K video and HDR content.
Update Chromecast Firmware
Some TV brands do not support Disnay+ casting due to an outdated firmware version. TVs that come with built-in Chromecast with firmware 1.36 or higher.
If the firmware version is not updated, the error may occur. If you see this error message, then try to update the device’s firmware by following these steps.
- Open Google Home Application on your Smartphone. If you do not have this app installed on your device, do it now. Google Home gives you full control to manage the Chromecast Device.
- Go to the apps menu and launch the Google Home app on a respective smartphone.
- The Home page will show you the Device name connected to your device. Click the name of the connected Chromecast device.
- Now, select the Settings button from the upper right corner of the same page.
- Scroll down the page. The last option displays the current firmware version of the device. If the version is not upgraded, you will be asked to update it manually.
Disney+ is not Available on this Chromecast Device
This is how you can resolve Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast device error. If your Chromecast firmware version is already upgraded and still experiencing this issue, then the reason might be with your Television set.
As per the latest updates, many TV brands, including Vizio, do not support Chromecasting of the Disney+ app. Vizio company has also released a statement regarding this as its users were questioning it.
How to fix Disney Plus problems on smartphones, tablets, and PCs
If you find Disney Plus is not working correctly on Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, or if there’s an issue with running video on your PC’s web browser, you can do a few things.
If you are on a cellular network, you might find its connection speed is not enough for a good streaming experience. In that case, connecting to a Wi-Fi signal might help. You can also turn Airplane mode on and off again, which sometimes fixes connection issues. You can also turn your mobile device off and back on, too.
You can also fix some issues by restarting the apps, and uninstalling and reinstalling them can help, too.
Disney+ is not Available on this Chromecast Device
- You can also try to clear their app caches to fix issues. If you own an Android device, go into Settings > Apps > Disney+ > Storage, then select the “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” options.
- If you are using an Android TV device, you can clear your Disney Plus cache by going into Settings > Applications > Disney+. Then select the “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” options.
- If you are using a PC web browser, clearing the cache on the browser could help with any video issues.
- If you are streaming the service from your mobile device to your smart TV via Chromecast, and are having problems, try this. Go into the Home screen, then go into Settings > Apps > Chromecast built-in > and then select the “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” options. Finally, restart your TV by holding the green standby button on your remote for five seconds. Your screen should turn black, and you can release the button at that time.
- Finally, make sure you have the latest app version for Disney Plus installed on your mobile device. You may hit a bug fixed in the most recent version of the app.
How to fix cache problems with set-top boxes and game consoles
If Disney Plus is experiencing issues on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, set-top box, or smart TV, you can go into Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Disney+. You can then select the “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” options.
If you own a Sony PlayStation 4 or 5 consoles, you can get rid of the Disney Plus cache by going to its Settings menu. Then you go into Storage > System Storage > Saved Data. Then you highlight the “Disney+” option, select “Options,” and finally select “Delete.”
For Microsoft’s Xbox One or Xbox Series X/S console, deleting the Disney Plus cache date begins by going to the console’s home menu. Then go to My Games and Apps > Select Apps and highlight the Disney+ tile. Then press the Menu button on your Xbox controller. Next, click on the “More Options,” then select “Manage App,” and finally clear out the Saved data.
Also read: How To Get Netflix On Your Nintendo Switch.
Why am I getting the error Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast device?
There could be a number of reasons why you encounter this error. However, the most likely reason is that your Disney+ app is outdated. Or, there is a chance your TV does not support casting from the Disney+ app.
How do I check the Chromecast Firmware version?
To check the current firmware version of your Chromecast device, go to the Google Home app, and select your device name. Next, tap on the Settings icon, and scroll down the page. The last option is the current firmware version of the device.
What is the quick fix to resolve Disney+ issues with Chromecast?
First, update the app. Second, make sure you have the latest Chromecast firmware. Third, clear the cache of the Disney+. You may also try to uninstall and reinstall the app.
Does Disney+ work with Chromecast?
Yes, Disney+ works with Chromecast.
Disney+ app supports iOS, Android, and Web Browser platforms. Some Televisions come with a built-in Disney+ app that lets you stream Disney+ content right from the TV itself. You can resolve many errors related to the Chromecast device by simply updating the device’s current firmware.
To fix the error Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast device, follow the steps provided in this guide.