Even with the popularity of 5G over the past few years, many of us still care about their incredible 4G and LTE network. However, one this we’d always keep our eye on is the broadband cellular network technology. In this article, we will be explaining the simple ways to fix it when 4G is not working on your phone.
How To Fix 4G Not Working On Your Phone
Here are ways to fix your 4G network if it’s not working or stops working after a while. Try all troubleshooting tips and learn with one works for you:
1. Check If Mobile Data Is Turned On
If you don’t notice, sometimes you might forget to turn on your data before you start browsing the web or launch any application that requires a network. Now let’s see how you can turn on your data or how to confirm if it’s on or off.
- Open settings.
- Go to Sim cards & mobile networks.
- Check if it’s turned ON/Off.
- Toggle it ON if it’s off before browsing again.
2. Toggle ON/OFF Airplane Mode.
Sometimes you’ve overused your phone with your mobile data ON, and your device needs to rest. However, turning off and on your Airplane Mode may be your one-stop solution.
If you don’t know, turning on and off airplane mode for a few seconds helps refresh your phone’s network and perhaps, trigger your phone to connect to the fastest available network.
- Launch your Quick Settings panel.
- Locate and click Mobile network.
- Now click on Airplane Mode.
Turn on Airplane mode for about 30 seconds or more, and Turn it off again to reconnect your network. Hopefully, your 4G should be working perfectly.
3. Check your network settings!
Before checking your network settings, make sure your SIM card or device is compatible with the 4G network system. If yes, you should have gotten 4G straight away. Still, if it’s not working the way it should be, that should be because you’ve switched to a slower network inadvertently or some system changes altered the settings.
Don’t miss: How To Setup a VPN On Mac.
In that case, you need to double-check and ensure you’ve selected the appropriate network setting. Here’s how you can fix the 4G data not working problem:
- Open your device Settings.
- Locate Network & Internet or Mobile networks and click on it.
- Now, select the preferred network mode.
- You’ll be able to choose the highest network mode and select 2G/3G/4G (auto).
- Ensure your network chosen includes 4G (auto) in it.
4. Restart your Device
You’ve tried all the above solutions, but if the problem persists, you should perform a quick restart on your mobile device. A restart can quickly fix any technical issues or issue on your phone. Here’s how:
- Long-press the Power Button on your phone.
- You’ll see a prompt that tells you to Reboot or Power off. Select power off.
If there is a problem with your data connection, proceed to the next solution.
5. Eject, clean, and reinsert your SIM card
Moving forward, you may need to clean and reinsert your SIM card now to fix the “4G not showing” issue. If your SIM card is dirty or not positioned very well, it can hinder you from enjoying the best network connection.