There are many different ways to select multiple files and perform actions on them, and not all are obvious. In this article, we will be discussing the simplest way to select all files on MacBook screen.
To select a file in the Finder is easy as you just have to hover over it with the mouse pointer and click.
However, when it comes to selecting multiple files, there are several options, depending on whether they are contiguous or discontiguous.
How To Select Multiple Contiguous Files In Macbook
- Select the first file in the List view, then hold down the Shift key and select the last file.
- All files will be selected and you can deselect some by Command-clicking each item.
- Press, hold and drag
- Click to the left or right of a file name, press and hold the trackpad or the mouse button and drag over the files you want to select.
Don’t miss: How to Send a Fax From Gmail
How To Select Multiple Discontiguous Files In Macbook
- Click on the file you want to select.
- Then press and hold the Command key and select the other files.
- Drag over contiguous files while holding the Command key to select them, let go of the mouse button and carry on selecting discontiguous files.
To Deselect The Files
Hold the Command key down and simply click them.
How Do You Select All On A Mac?
To select all the files in a folder, click on one and then press Command-A.
Here What You Can Do With Multiple Files Once You’ve Selected Them.
- Move them to a new location by dragging them.
- Press the Option key and copy.
- Click the Spacebar to summon the Quick Look and use the arrow keys to cycle through previews of the selected files.
- Right-click on the files to display a dropdown menu and choose the action you want the files to do from options
- How to select multiple files outside the Finder
- There are many different ways to choose multiple files both in the Finder and in applications that do along with apple’s user interface guidelines.
- Once you’ve chosen the files, you can Control-click them to display a menu with a list of options or press the Spacebar to use QuickLook.
- How To Easily Reset The SMC On Your Mac
- 10 Best ePub Reader For Android, Windows And Mac
- How To Open VOB Files On Windows 10 & Mac
Image Credit: Macpaw