How To Restart Your Amazon Fire Stick – The Amazon Fire Stick is one of the most popular media streaming devices available. Not only can you shop on Amazon using a Fire Stick, but you can also stream movies and TV shows on apps like Hulu, Netflix, or even YouTube.
However, like most devices, sometimes your Fire Stick can suffer from performance issues and has to be troubleshot.
Sometimes, FireStick apps freeze and would not let you go back to the home window. In that case, restarting is the only option to get the device running normally again.
You may have installed an update or probably a new app, which requires a restart before effect.
So, whatever your reason, here are a few ways to restart FireStick.
Unplug your Amazon Fire Stick
Locate where your Amazon Fire Stick device is connected to your television, and then unplug it from your TV or your wall outlet. After unplugging it, wait a few seconds and plug your Fire Stick back in.
Restart FireStick directly with the Remote
If your FireStick screen is stuck, preventing you from navigating properly and accessing the Settings, you may directly reboot with the remote controller using a combination of buttons. It is a hard reboot that force closes any running apps. Use this method only when the first method does not work.
Here is how you do it:
- Hold down the Select and Play/Pause keys on the remote together for about 5 seconds
- Your FireStick will start to reboot directly without throwing any confirmation prompt on the screen as with the first method.
Restart your Amazon Fire Stick in Settings
A Restart option within the FireStick Settings lets you quickly reboot your device.
Here’s how to do it:
- Scroll up on the Amazon Fire Stick home screen on your TV and highlight the “Home” tab. Then, scroll to the right and click on “Settings.”
- Scroll to the right and click on “My Fire TV.”
- In “My Fire TV,” scroll down and click on “Restart,” Your Fire Stick will automatically restart.
So, that is how you can restart FireStick. The methods are straightforward to follow. Once rebooted, FireStick may take a few minutes to power up.