How to Easily Reset Google WiFi Router
If you are using a Google WIFI router, you may find that you need to reset it. For example, perhaps you would like to change the WIFI password but cannot log into the router, or you want to return it. Here is a step-by-step guide on resetting any Google WIFI router safely as recommended by the manufacturer.
You cannot reset the router if it is not plugged in and turned on. Therefore, make sure the router is plugged into a power outlet and fully turned on before you attempt to reset it. You can tell the router’s status by the light strip at the center.
There are two easy ways you can reset your Google router. First, you can reset it using the reset button on the router or the Google Home app.
- Unplug the Google Wi-Fi unit’s power cable.
- Begin holding down the reset button on the back of the device.
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/reset-google-wifi-router/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-05-21T13:22:35.000Z
- With the button depressed, reconnect the power source.
- When the unit flashes white, then blue, release the button.
If the hardware continues to flash blue for another half minute, and then the lights turn solid blue, the reset is underway.
Once the blue flashing begins again, the device is reset and can be used like new or sent away.
This method is recommended because it wipes the router, removes it from the device list, and erases its data from Google cloud storage. However, you can only use the app if the router is still functioning correctly and connected to the app through the network.
Resetting your Google WIFI router from the Home app is a straightforward process.
- Open the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Find the WIFI router on the list of devices and tap on it. Next, tap “settings.”
- Located the option labeled “Factory reset WIFI point and tap on it, then choose “factory to reset.” The app will ask you if you are sure. Tap yes to initiate the reset process. The router indicator will turn solid yellow until the reset process is complete.