How To Reset A Fitbit Alta Activity Tracker
If your Fitbit Alta refuses to sync, won’t turn on, or isn’t responding to your taps, it may be time to reset. However, resetting a Fitbit tracker to its factory settings is the best way to deal with software issues and erase all your data, which is great if you’re planning on giving it away. In this article, we will be talking about how to reset your Fitbit Alta activity tracker.
- Connect the tracker’s charging cable by squeezing both clamps and affixing them to the back of the unit.
- Plug the charger into a USB port.
- Press the button on the USB connector three times in fewer than eight seconds. Pause for about a second between each press.
Note: If the Fitbit logo displays on the tracker’s screen and you feel a slight vibration, the Fitbit Alta has restarted. All of your data will still be intact.
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/reset-a-fitbit-alta-activity-tracker/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-05-07T20:59:51.000Z
Removing your Fitbit Alta from your account will erase your tracking history. To preserve this data, Export all Data before removing your device. Follow the steps below to get it done:
- Go to the Fitbit website
- Log into your account.
- From the Fitbit dashboard, select the gear in the upper-right corner.
- Now select your Alta Tracker.
- At the bottom of the page, select Remove this Alta from your account.
You’re planning on selling or giving away your Fitbit Alta. Here’s how to erase all of your data for safety protection:
To wipe a Fitbit Alta, disconnect it from your Fitbit account, and connect it to a new one. As soon as it connects to the new account, all its data will be erased.