How to Fix it When iPhone Ringtone Keeps Changing to Default
If you’ve had your iPhone for quite some time now, you must be familiar with the default Opening ringtone. However, if you’re reading this guide, you must have encountered a situation where your ringing tone keeps changing to the default tone.
This article explains how to fix it when the iPhone ringtone keeps changing back to default.
Here are ways to fix the iPhone ringtone that keeps changing to default:
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/i/how-to-fix-iphone-ringtone-keeps-changing-to-default/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-06-21T19:45:07.000Z
If you’re trying to change your ringtone to a purchased tone, you will likely encounter such an error. It has been reported that this problem occurs with many users who purchase ringtones and then try to set those ringtones as their default tone. However, the best fix to this kind of problem is by deleting and re-download those ringtones to fix the problem. Follow the instructions below to do that:
- Launch your iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable.
- Now, click on the iPhone icon.
- Then, click on Tones on the left pane and check Sync Tones.
- Check Selected Tones and select the ringtones you would like to sync.
- Click Apply.
Once you complete this process, all of your previous ringtones will be erased, except those you selected. Follow the instructions below to re-download your purchase tones:
- Ensure that the Apple ID you used to purchase your desired ringtone is the same Apple ID you’re using on your iOS device.
- Go to the Settings display, and click on Sounds & Haptics.
- Now, click on Ringtone.
- Then, tap Download All Purchased Tones.
Misbehaving settings can also cause ringtone failure. Fortunately, you can easily reset all the settings on your iPhone without data loss.
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone and click General.
- Tap Reset.
- Locate and select Reset All Settings.
- You will be prompted to provide your passcode and enter it to confirm reset.