How to Fix it When iPhone Passcode is not Working
There are many possible factors leading to the iPhone Passcode not working. After updating your iPhone to the latest iOS 13, you find that your Passcode has stopped working. It could be an iOS software glitch. In this post, we explain how to fix iPhone Passcode not working.
Apple officials didn’t give an exact explanation for this issue, but most IT technicians think it’s probably caused by an iOS software glitch. Anyway, you don’t have to be afraid. we’ll work you around ways to solve this kind of problem.
Solution 1: Reboot your iPhone
The first solution is very simple and works for many users. Sometimes mobile phone problems can be easily solved by rebooting the device. So if you updated the iPhone to a new iOS version and found the screen passcode not working, long-press the side button to reboot your iPhone. Then restart your iPhone and see if the screen password is working.
Solution 2: Force Restart your Device
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/i/how-to-fix-iphone-passcode-not-working/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-09-01T20:53:44.000Z
iPhone password not working can be solved by force restarting your device. This is usually a common and useful way to solve some problems on your iPhone, especially when the problems are caused by system or software glitches. We strongly suggest you force restart your device after a soft reboot has been carried out. If you have forced restart the iPhone and the passcode is still not working, move on to another solution.
Don’t miss: How To Reset Screen Time Passcode on iPhone, iPad, or Mac
Solution 3: Restore your iPhone via iTunes
Once your iPhone has been synced with iTunes, this solution will perfectly work for you. Restoring your device via iTunes will erase all the settings, which include your iPhone screen password. Follow the step below to restore your device with iTunes backup:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer you have synced with.
- Open iTunes. If asked for a passcode, try another computer you’ve synced with, or enter recovery mode as the fourth part instructs.
- Wait for iTunes to sync your device and make a backup.
- After the sync and backup have finished, click Restore iPhone.
- When you are at the Set Up screen while restoring your iOS device, tap Restore from iTunes backup.
- Select your device in iTunes. Look at the date and size of each backup and pick the most relevant one. After the iPhone is set up, you can make your new passcode in Settings.
Solution 4: Solve iPhone Passcode Not Working Via iCloud
This method requires an iCloud account to be already signed on your device. If this requirement is met, then you’re good to proceed.
- Open https://www.icloud.com/find/ on a web page, and then sign in to this page with your iCloud account (Apple ID).
- Select your iPhone from the All Devices list after signing in, and then click on Erase iPhone on the small dialog box appearing in the upper right corner of the page to erase your iPhone. All your content and settings will be deleted, including your iPhone passcode that is no longer working after iOS update.
- Re-set up your device after erasing is complete and restore your data from your backup.
Solution 5: Fix by Entering Recovery Mode
If your iPhone hasn’t been synced with iTunes, or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, then you need recovery mode to erase the old password and make a new one.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer > Open iTunes.
- After the iPhone is connected, force restarts it:
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier:
This is also applicable to iPad, or iPod touch.
- On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus:
- On an iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8 or iPhone 8 Plus:
- When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore > iTunes will download software for your iPhone.
- Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up your iPhone.
Also read: How to Wipe an iPad Without Passcode
Solution 6: Solve iPhone Passcode not working Via Passcode Refixer
You’ve tried all solutions and you’re still getting the same result. We recommend using a third-party iPhone unlocking tool. iPhone Passcode Refixer is the easy-to-use, professional and multi-functional iPhone unlocking tool that allows you to freely remove your forgotten/invalid iPhone Passcode while keeping your iOS version up to the latest iOS 13. Follow these steps below:
- Download and install the iPhone Passcode Refixer tool on your computer.
- Launch this tool and choose “Unlock Lock Screen” on the main interface of the software
- After that, click the Start button on the next page
- Now connect your iPhone to the PC with an Apple-supplied USB cable.
- Then click on Next on the software screen. The software will immediately recognize your iPhone of which the Passcode is not working.
- Click the Download button to download the newest firmware package required to fix the iPhone Passcode issues. The download will start automatically and complete in a few minutes.
- Click the Unlock button. The software will immediately start removing your iPhone Passcode and update your iOS with the latest iOS 13.
- In a couple of minutes, your device will be unlocked successfully.