How To Easily Customize Your Nintendo Switch Home Screen
The Nintendo Switch is a great games console that can be played both handheld and on your TV. It’s packed full of amazing games, like Animal Crossing: New Horizons and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
The Switch boasts a nice, clean interface. Which makes it simple to jump into your games or browse applications like the Nintendo eShop or News feed.
How to Customize Home Screen on Nintendo Switch
- You will need to organize and sort the games according to your preference.
- By default, all the downloaded games will be shown on the home screen.
- Head over to the All Software option and you can easily see all the owned and downloaded games in a grid layout. It offers a clean and useful user experience that can be sorted By Title, Added Date, Most Recently Played, Longest Play Time, Publisher, etc.
- Additionally, you can delete all the unnecessary or not-so-interesting games from your Nintendo Switch in order to clean and customize the home screen on Nintendo Switch.
How to Organize Your Game Library
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/i/how-to-easily-customize-your-nintendo-switch-home-screen/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-06-25T20:53:29.000Z
The games on your home screen are those which you have played or downloaded recently. If you have more than 13, on the far-right you will see an All Software button.
You cannot rearrange the games on the home screen. You can move something to the first position by launching it, but it’ll just get unseated if you launch something else afterward.
However, an update to the Switch now allows you to sort the full library. To do this, go to All Software and press R to sort by various options: Most Recently Played (those you have never played will be at the bottom), Longest Play Time (from longest to shortest), Title (from 0 to 9, then A to Z), and Publisher (from 0 to 9, then A to Z).
Hover over the option you wish to sort by, then press A to apply. This will permanently apply the change, but you can easily switch back and forth. This option does not rearrange the icons on the Home screen, only on the All Software page.
How to change the theme on Nintendo Switch
- Head to the home screen on your Switch> Select System Settings at the bottom.
- Choose the theme on the left side of the screen.
- Now, you can select any of your preferred themes between Basic White and Basic Black.
- You’re done.