After some period of using your Windows PC, you may notice that your PC might have been infected with some malware, or you feel like doing some scan for the security of your device. In this article, we will be lecturing you on how to scan your Windows PC for malware.
However, without the requirements of any third-party software, Windows itself has a built-in software tool called Windows Security to help you scan for malware. This tool is once called Windows Defender Security Center, and Microsoft refers to its antivirus scanning as Windows Defender.
What Are the Signs of a Virus?
You’ll notice the sign whenever your PC is infected with malware. Poor performance, application crashes, and computer freezes can sometimes signify a virus or another type of malware wreaking havoc.
How to Scan your Windows PC for Malware
There’s are different types of Windows PC, but here in this article, we will be talking about Windows 11:
Windows 11 built-in security is designed to run in the background and always attempt to immediately block any malicious files that find a way to your computer. Anyways, there’s a way to scan your PC for Malware manually, and here’s how:
- First, go to “Windows Security” and click “Virus & threat protection.”
- Next, choose the “Quick scan” button, or you can click the “Scan options” button and choose “Full scan.”
- Finally, click the “Start actions” button to begin removing the virus(es) from your computer if it detects malware.
- How To ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ On A Mac Computer
- 8 Ways To Free Up RAM On Your Windows Computer
- 10 Best Operating System For Laptops And Computers