Garmin Nuvi is a GPS device that gives access to street-level maps of the city. It’s a very light device and that makes it easy to carry around. This device can be used in cars or by a pedestrian. In this article, you will learn how to reset the pin on Garmin Nuvi.
What is Garmin Nuvi?
Garmin manufactures a range of portable GPS satellite navigation devices. Garmin Nuvi is a GPS device that gives access to street-level maps of the city. However, Garmin Nuvi navigation is a range of portable mobile GPS navigation systems small enough to fit into any bag.
How to Reset the Pin on Garmin Nuvi
The Garmin Nuvi line of global positioning systems incorporates a personal identification number (PIN) anti-theft system. This personal identification number known as PIN keeps unauthorized persons from using the device. However, resetting the PIN is mandatory when you accidentally forget your Garmin Nuvi personal identification number.
Follow the below steps to reset your Garmin Nuvi personal identification number (PIN):
- Power ON the Garmin Nuvi GPS.
- Enter the personal identification number (PIN) if you remember it. If you do not remember it, jump to the next step.
- Once you don’t remember the PIN, raise the GPS antenna so the unit can acquire a satellite signal and drive to the security location you programmed when you first set up the device.
Note: Driving to the security location will unlock the GPS in the event that you do not remember your personal identification number.
- Then, press the “Setting” icon on the touch screen.
- Choose the “System” menu.
- Now, press the restore button located at or near the bottom of the “System” menu.
- Push “OK” to confirm when prompt.
- Click the option “Garmin Lock” on the touchscreen and wait for the system to reboot.
- Once the system has rebooted, click “OK” to confirm when prompted.
- Then, you will be asked to enter your new personal identification number (PIN) twice to make you do not make mistake.
- After entering and confirming your PIN a second time, touch “YES” to confirm that you wish to make this your new PIN.
- Now, click “OK” to reset the security location when prompted.
- Then, drive to the security location of your choice and lock it into memory by touching the “Set” button. Your PIN has now been reset.
- How to Easily Reset Your Amazon Fire Stick
- Best Ways to Reset a Home Network Router
- How to Reset Your PS4 Controller the Right Way