Jailbreak iOS 8
TaiG 2.2.0 brings with it support for iOS 8.4. Unfortunately, like previous versions of TaiG’s tool, this version is Windows-only, so you’ll need to use a Windows machine or a Virtual Machine.
We’ve got you covered if you can’t wait and don’t have access to a Windows machine. Here’s how to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 8.4 using TaiG on Mac OS X.
Windows Virtual Machine
We’ll be using Parallels, a virtualization software, to boot Windows on a virtual machine.
- Download and install Parallels Desktop for Mac from this link. While the software is paid, you get a free 14-day trial.
- Download Windows 8.1 Enterprise evaluation 90-day trial for free from this link. Depending on your connection, you’ll be downloading an ISO file, which might take some time.
- Open Parallels, select File > New from the menu, and click on “Install Windows from DVD or Image File.”
- Parallels will take you through the installation process.
The TaiG jailbreak tool is compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, and iPad 2
- iPad mini 1 (1st generation iPad mini), iPad mini 2 (Retina iPad mini), iPad mini 3
- iPod touch 5th generation
- TaiG jailbreak is available for both Windows and Mac users
- TaiG jailbreak is an untethered jailbreak.
- TaiG jailbreak tool can jailbreak iOS 8.4, 8.3, iOS 8.2, and iOS 8.1.3.
Be sure to have Find My iPhone, passcode lock, and location services disabled before starting. Enter Airplane mode as well. It’s also best to use a fresh iOS install, and you reboot before starting. Also, ensure that iTunes can recognize your device before running the TaiG!
Jailbreak iOS 8
Step 1: Take a backup of your device, preferably using iTunes.
Step 2: Download TaiG 2.2.0 from our downloads page; save and extract it to your desktop.
Step 3: Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 4: Launch TaiG 2.2.0. Right-click on the TaiG exe and select the “Run as Administrator” option.
Step 5: Uncheck the 3K assistant checkbox
Step 6: Click Start to begin the jailbreak
After the jailbreak is complete, your device will reboot automatically, and you should see the Cydia icon on the Home screen. The TaiG jailbreak tool will also tell you that the “Jailbreak Succeeded!”
You can also check the video walkthrough below.
What do you think? Are you jailbroken on iOS 8.4 yet?
Related Guide: How to Jailbreak iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2 using Pangu Jailbreak