Formatting an SD card will erase all data on the SD card, and all lost data cannot be retrieved once formatted. Therefore, to avoid data loss, you should take your chance to back up your files before formatting them. In this article, we will be explaining how to format an SD card on an Android device.
How to format an SD card on an Android device
Sometimes the SD card in your Android phone may become corrupted. This can cause many different issues, usually resulting in the PC sync being unable to perform properly or start at all. Follow the steps below to repair or reformat your SD card. Formatting an SD can also be done on Android phones. However, a lot of Android phones come with a microSD card or SD card port:
- Insert your SD into your Android phone, if not already inserted.
- Open your Settings app, and click on “Device care.”
- Choose “Storage,” then tap on “Advanced.”
- Navigate to “Portable storage” to locate the SD card under it.
- Click on the located SD card, and tap on “Format.”
- In the pop-up that appears, tap on “Format SD card.”
- Best 50amp RV Surge Protectors on the Market
- How to Use Google Authenticator on a Windows PC
- How to Convert Google Docs to Microsoft Word