This article will teach you how to fix a Vizio TV that won’t connect to WiFi.
Vizio TV can only stream online content with a reliable internet connection. However, you won’t be able to update the tv system or applications when your TV is not connecting to the Wi-Fi.
Vizio Tv not connecting to WiFi issue is caused due to the incorrect network configuration. This problem prevents you from enjoying online content on the bigger screen.
Causes of Vizio TV Not Connecting to WiFi
Smart TVs can’t watch online content with a standard Wi-Fi network. Before you can use any Vizio apps like Netflix and Hulu, you will need a reliable Wi-Fi connection. However. If the TV can’t access the internet, it could be due to a few reasons:
- Internet connection problems.
- Communication issues between the router and TV.
- Problems with the TV’s Wi-Fi adapter.
- Conflicts with the router’s security settings.
How to Fix a Vizio TV That Won’t Connect to WiFi
Solution One: Test your Wi-Fi Connection
Before anything else, you have to check if your internet connection is working or not. To do that, you have to perform the speed test of your WiFi connection. Open a web browser and visit Fast.com. You can do this using another device.
Don’t miss: How to Troubleshoot HDMI Connection Problems
Solution Two: Toggle the DHCP Settings
DHCP (dynamic host configuration protocol) helps a TV and router work together.
- Press the Menu button on the Vizio remote, then select Network
- Click Manual Setup, and choose DHCP.
- If DHCP is set to OFF, press the right arrow to turn it on. If it is set to ON, press the right arrow once to turn it OFF and then again to turn it on.
Solution Three: Power Cycle your Device
Power cycling can fix any glitch that might be affecting your connection. Follow these instructions step-by-step to perform a power cycle:
- Please turn off your Vizio smart cast tv and unplug it.
- Disconnect the router and modem from the power source as well.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- After that, replug your SmartCast tv to the wall socket. (Do the same for the router and modem).
- Turn on the tv and then check error is gone or still exists.
Solution Four: Reset the Vizio TV
If all else fails, reset the TV to its factory settings. Once complete, the television will turn itself off and then come back on at the original setup screen.
- The Best Internet Browsers in 2022
- How To Connect Sonos To Tv Wirelessly
- Top Best Tablets For Seniors In 2022