Delete Bookmarks on Mac
There are some standard tasks that everyone should know how to complete on their computers. From basic functions to more in-depth and complicated operations, the more you know about how to operate your MacBook, the more skills you will have to streamline your workflow and ability to fix any issues that may arise. Learning the basic skills and common commands on your MacBook is something that I recommend to everyone.
You can use any browser on your Mac computer to bookmark a favorite website. The process for deleting these bookmarks once you are done with them depends entirely on the browser you are using on your Mac.
One task that you should be familiar with is how to delete bookmarks from your computer. Let’s take a look at the steps needed to remove bookmarks from your MacBook.
How to Delete Bookmarks on Safari
Launch Safari on your computer.
When the window opens click on the Sidebar icon on the top-left side. This sidebar button will open all of the bookmarks you have setup on the browser. The icon is located next to the forward and back buttons in your browser, as indicated in the image below:
With the sidebar open, make sure to click on the bookmark icon (which looks like an open book) to list all of your current bookmarks.
Control click on the bookmark you wish to delete.
Delete Bookmarks on Google Chrome
You delete bookmarks on Google Chrome on your Mac by accessing Chrome’s Bookmark Manager.
- Launch Chrome on your Mac and then click the “Bookmarks” option in your Mac menu bar on the top of the screen.
- Click “Bookmark Manager” to open the Bookmark Manager tab on Chrome. Double-click on the folder that contains the bookmark that you want to delete and then right-click the bookmark and select “Delete.”
Delete multiple bookmarks on Chrome by holding down the “Command” key, clicking each bookmark that you want to delete and then pressing the “Delete” key. Chrome confirms the deletion but offers an Undo option. If you don’t select “Undo” when it appears, the bookmark is not retrievable.
Also read: How To Delete Text Messages On Mac
Delete Bookmarks in Firefox
- Launch Firefox on your computer.
- Click on the Books icon on the top-right side of the browser window. This icon looks like an open book as indicated in the image below
- A sidebar will pop up on the left side of your screen.
- Click on Bookmarks at the top of this sidebar.
- Locate the bookmark you want to delete.
- Control Click the bookmark.
- Select Delete.