Spotify is one of the most prevalent streaming platforms that offer thousands of albums and tracks. In this article, we will show you how to cancel your Spotify subscription.
However, there might be a time when you want to stop it to move to a distinct service. Or, maybe you don’t use your payment enough to validate the monthly fee. Whatever the reason you want to stop your Spotify subscription here’s how.
Terminate Your Spotify Subscription
- To cancel your subscription the first thing you need to do is open a browser on your computer and head to https://www.spotify.com/us/account/profile/ and login if you’re not already.
- Then scroll down to the bottom and click the “Cancel” button.
- You will then see which subscription plan you are subscribed to and when the next billing date is. Click the “Change Plan” button.
- Now scroll down and under the Spotify Free section click the “Cancel Premium” button.
Spotify will then give you reasons why you should hang on to your premium account. It lists all the benefits of having a premium subscription.
If you want to turn back now you can by clicking the “Go Back” button. But if you’re sure you want to cancel click the “Yes Cancel” button.
You have now canceled your subscription. You will get a date showing when your premium subscription ends.
Cancel Spotify Subscription
You will also get a form that will ask you for the reason you are canceling. After giving a reason for cancellation on the form click the “Submit” button.
That’s all there is to it. You are now canceled from your Spotify Premium subscription. You can still use the premium features until the date given which is one day before the next billing date. So, it makes the most sense to cancel your subscription right after your billing date.
That way you can continue to use the premium features for a full 30 days until the subscription expires.
If you want to renew your subscription, it’s easy enough. Just scroll down to the Spotify Premium section of the Your Account page and click the “Renew Premium” button.
Or, just continue to use the free plan until you are ready to renew the subscription again later.
If you’re also not ready to be bombarded with ads by Spotify Free, scroll even further down to read our guide on how to close your Spotify account for good.
How To Delete Your Spotify Account
If you’re no longer interested in keeping Spotify Free, you can also decide to delete your Spotify account entirely. To close your account, simply follow these steps:
- Go to Spotify’s support page
- Hit ‘Account’
- Choose ‘I want to close my account’
- Follow the steps to delete your Spotify account permanently
With this brief guide, we hope you can get to choose a more satisfying platform for streaming that suits you conveniently and evenly.