How to Make a Potion of Harming in Minecraft
Minecraft’s numerous available potions may seem like a new thing to newbies who are just joining in the adventure. This walkthrough explains how to make a potion of harming in Minecraft.
There are various potions for various effects, reasons, and additives. In today’s article, we would be discussing the Potion of harming
In all honesty, drinking a potion of harming by your playable character has a negative effect on you as it will only cause damage to yourself, but with some productive applications and additives, you can turn this effect around on your opponents. This potion recipe requires much more work than most potions.
Materials For Potion Of Harming
- Three Water Bottles
- Glistering Melon
- Blaze Powder
- Brewing Stand
- Nether Wart
- Fermented Spider Eye
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/i/how-to-make-a-potion-of-harming-in-minecraft/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-07-19T20:30:36.000Z
Don’t miss: How To Make A Night Vision Potion In Minecraft
Enhance Your Potion’s Ability
You can make your potion stronger and more potent by adding the Glowstone Dust (found in the Nether) to your already made Harming Potion.
Turn the Effect of Your Harming Potion
To change the negative effect of the harming potion you’ll need to add the following:
- Gunpowder (dropped by Creepers)
- Dragon’s Breath (gathered from Ender Dragon’s breath attack)
Procedure To Brewing The Potion
Here’s how to brew a Potion of Harming:
- Craft a Crafting Table: Place four Wood Planks in the basic crafting interface.
Also read: How To Easily Make Flower Pot In Minecraft
- Drop the Crafting Table.
- Craft a Fermented Spider Eye: Place a Spider Eye, Mushroom, and Sugar in the Crafting Table interface.
- Craft Blaze Powder: Place a Blaze Rod in the crafting interface.
- Craft a Brewing Stand: Place three Cobblestone in the middle row of the Crafting Table interface and a single Blaze Rod in the middle of the top row.
Don’t miss: How To Make A Healing Potion In Minecraft
- Place the Brewing Stand on the ground, and launch the brewing interface.
- Put a Fermented Spider Eye in the Brewing Stand interface.
- Be patient while your potion brews
- Your potion should be ready after a few seconds
Also read: How To Make Fire Resistance Potion In Minecraft
Procedure for Enhanced Potion of Harming
As stated earlier, there is a more potent version that’s referred to as Potion of Harming (Instant Damage II), and it does even more damage. You’ll need a Potion of Harming and Glowstone Dust from the Nether to make this one.
Follow the procedure below:
- Put your Potion of Harming in the Brewing Stand interface.
- Add Glowstone Dust in the Brewing Stand interface.
- Be patient while the potion brews.
Don’t miss: How To Make A Water Breathing Potion In Minecraft
Using the Potion of Harming in Minecraft
Do not use this on yourself by drinking it. If you do, three full hearts would be subtracted from your overall health.
The only positive way to use it is to turn it into a splash potion of harming in Minecraft. To do this follow the steps below:
- Add gunpowder in the ingredient slot of your brewing stand while the potion of harming is at the bottom.
- Wait for a while and then you’d notice your potion change shape. This means you can throw it now.
- This is so effective that it ignores armor ratings and does effective damage on any enemy.
Also read: How To Make A Potion Of Weakness In Minecraft
Using The Splash Potion of Harming
This type of Potion unlike the regular Potion of Harming in Minecraft deals worthwhile damage on other players and mobs along with hostile too.
Here’s how to utilize it:
- Supply the potion to your active slot, and aim at the mob you want to damage.
- Throw the Splash Potion.
- To throw a potion in Minecraft:
- Windows 10 and Java Edition: Right click.
- Pocket Edition (PE): Tap to use the potion.
- PlayStation: Press the L2 button.
- Xbox: Press the LT button
- Nintendo: Press the ZL button.
- Once you throw, a type of swirl appears, and the target receives instant damage