A smartphone is way smarter than you think. When these devices first hit the market, third-party manufacturers designed many apps to make the most of their capabilities. In this article, we will be guiding you on how to scan a QR Code on iPhone and Android smartphones.
If you want to use your phone as a flashlight or scanner, there’s an app for that.
These programs take up room on your phone and have become redundant thanks to tools being added with updates. The services also have ulterior motives such as data collection.
QR codes are everywhere nowadays, These barcodes let you quickly open a web page, download an app, send text messages, and more, by just scanning with your camera.
How To Scan a QR Code/barcode With Your iPhone And An Android Phone.
If this is your first time using your device to scan a QR code and you need a way around it, read below to know how to scan a QR code using either Android or iPhone smartphones
How To Scan A QR Code On An iPhone
Open the Camera app and set your phone at the QR code. Make sure the QR code is set inside the box on your screen and then tap the pop-up notification.
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone by swiping left on your Lock Screen, selecting it from the Control Center, or opening the app directly from the Home screen.
- Set Your iPhone at the barcode to scan it, make sure that all four corners of the QR code are in view. Once you correctly scan the QR code, a pop-up notification will appear on top of your screen.
- Tap the pop-up notification at the top of your screen and wait for few secs to run the action contained in the barcode, like sending you to a website or opening the App Store.
In case you don’t see a notification pop up, go to settings, tap the slider next to Scan QR Codes and enable your Scan QR code feature. You will know it is turned on when it is green.
How To Scan A BarCode On An Android Phone
If you’re running Android 8 or later, you can scan a Barcode in a quick way by long-pressing the home button and selecting Lens. Then focus your camera on the QR code, tap the magnifying glass icon, and tap the pop-up notification.
- Press and hold the home button.
- Tap Lens. This is the circle surrounded by lines to the left of the four colored buttons at the bottom of your screen.
- Note: A prompt will appear, Choose allow if it’s your first time to use this feature. Download the Google Lens app from the Google Play Store, If you don’t have Google Assistant on your Android.
- Set your camera at the barcode, make sure that all four corners of the code are in view.
- Tap the magnifying glass icon to scan the barcode.
- Lastly, tap the pop-up notification. You will then be directed to the information or action embedded in the barcode. This could open a webpage, open the Google Play Store, save a contact, and more.
- iOS 14 Leak Reveals Apple-Branded QR Codes Found in ‘Gobi’ AR App
- Apple Pay Could Gain QR Code-based Payment Support in iOS 14
- How To Find WiFi Password On Your Android Device
Image Credit: Komando