How to Remove SkyDrive Pro from Your Right-Click Context Menu– Install Microsoft Office 2013, and you may see a grayed-out “SkyDrive Pro” option in your context menu. This option appears whenever you right-click a file or folder, but it’s useless if you don’t use SharePoint.
This article will walk you through two methods to Remove SkyDrive Pro from Your Right-Click Context Menu.
SkyDrive Pro is used to synchronize files with a Microsoft SharePoint server. It is not the same as Microsoft’s buyer-centered SkyDrive client, and removing this option shouldn’t prevent the standard SkyDrive software from functioning.
If you are not a SkyDrive (OneDrive) client or, on the other hand, if you don’t need this choice in the right-click setting menu, you can get rid of it.
Note:Make sure that you have a good backup of your Windows Registry before deleting the keys.
- Press Windows + R key, then type regedit and press the Enter button to open the Windows registry.
How to Remove SkyDrive Pro from Your Right-Click Context Menu
- Please navigate to the following key in the registry editor and expand it. The root is arranged in alphabetical order, so you’ll have to scroll down a little bit.
- Expand the shell key, and you’ll see a key named SPFS.ContextMenu. Right-click the SPFS.ContextMenu key and select Delete.
- You’ll see a confirmation window; click on the “Yes” button to continue.
The SkyDrive Pro option will disappear from your context menu immediately after deleting this key. You don’t even have to restart your computer for the action to take effect.
Another method of removing SkyDrive Pro from the context menu is by using Microsoft Hotfix.
The beneficial thing about the hotfix is that it eliminates the SkyDrive Pro-choice from the right-click context menu and fixes many other things like SkyDrive synchronization, authorization error messages, etc.
- Download the hotfix from the official website.
- Once downloaded, execute the application. Select the terms and conditions checkbox on the main window and then click on the “Continue” button.
- Next, the hotfix application may show you the applications that need to be closed before installing the hotfix. Select either of the options and then click on the “Ok” button to continue.
- Once the installation has been completed, the hotfix will ask whether to reboot your system or not. Just save all your work and click on the “Yes” button to reboot the system.
After restarting the system, you will no longer see the SkyDrive Pro option in the right-click context menu.