There are so many Operating System out there, but Chrome OS feature the best and most simple UI to navigate. However, the best Operating System have a bug of other issues that pop up. In this article, you’ll be learning the causes and how to fix Chrome OS is missing or damaged on your Chromebook device.
Furthermore, “Chrome OS is missing or damaged” is the most frightening Chromebook issues to its users. Fortunately, this issue can be troubleshoot in a number of ways to get your device running again, but it’s also good to learn the causes to know more about the problem.
Causes of the ‘Chrome OS Is Missing or Damaged’ Error
This kind of error report pop up when a machine encounters problems loading the operating system. This is usually encountered during set up but it’s also appear randomly while using the PC.
How To Fix Chrome OS Is Missing Or Damage on Your Chromebook
Method 1: Power Chromebook Off And Back On
This is the simplest method to fix some minor bug or issue on your device. Simple push the power button to power OFF the computer and while for couple of minutes after it fully shutdown before you power it ON again.
Don’t miss: How To Easily Fix Error 651 In Windows
Method 2: Reset the Chromebook to factory settings
You can’t log in to the Chromebook to take necessary step on this issues. We suggest you Reset the Chromebook to factory settings. This will erase your locally stored files and start your device to a brand new stage.
Note: Make sure you back up everything to your Google drive to avoid loosing important files.
Method 3: Reinstall Chrome OS
If a simple reboot or Powerwash doesn’t work, you may need to reinstall Chrome OS entirely. This option should only be attempted if the first two suggestions didn’t work.
How To Reinstall Chrome OS
- Launch the program. You’re asked to provide the Chromebook model number, which you can enter manually or choose from a list.
- Select Yes or Allow if prompted to grant the OS permission to make changes to the USB drive or SD card,.
- Plug in your USB flash drive or SD card, and then follow the on-screen prompts to download Chrome OS to your removable media.
- Remove the USB drive or SD card once the downloads complete.
- With the Chromebook powered on, hold Esc+Refresh on the keyboard, then press the Power button to reboot in recovery mode.
- Now insert the SD card or USB drive containing Chrome OS you’re about to install at the Chrome is missing or Damage Screen.
- Then you’ll go through the operating system’s installation process.
- How To Fix Error Code 0x80070570 In Windows
- What is the $Windows.~BT Folder and How to Delete It
- How To Fix The File Or Directory Is Corrupted And Unreadable In Windows