You may be aware of the advantages of casting video from your phone to your TV using a Google Chromecast device. But do you know you can also cast content to a Roku? Casting to a Roku is as simple as tapping an icon once you set it up. In this article, we will be explaining how to cast your Androidscreen to Roku easily.
It may look like a long process, but it’s quite short. So let’s dive into it!
Set-up is required the first time you use the cast feature on Roku. Be rest assured that you won’t need to repeat these procedures each time you want to cast video from your mobile device.
- Verify your mobile device and Roku are accessing the same Wi-Fi network. Casting to Roku will only work if both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Ensure the app you want to use is installed on your mobile device and Roku. The Roku version of the app you wish to use (for example, Netflix) must be installed on Roku before you can cast to it.
This option work for displaying pictures, video, and other media saved on your Android device.
- Download and install the Roku app to your Android device.
- Open the app and follow the directions to connect the app to your Roku.
- Select “Devices” at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the device you wish to connect to, then select “Media. “
- Choose the type of media you want to cast. For example, choose between music, photos, video, and screensaver.
- Tap the item you wish to cast.
You can use the Google Home app to add the casting option to cast from apps that support it like YouTube, Netflix, and Spotify.
- Select the icon from the app you wish to cast from to cast a video.
- That’s it! Your device should now be able to cast your Android to your TV via your Roku.
Kindly share your experiences in the comment section if you found this helpful.