Hiding your phone number on Telegram prevents strangers from getting access to your registered phone number, which can either lead to online fraud or some kind of harassment.
Telegram is a cloud-based messaging and VoIP service. However, if you’re interested in secure communications, Telegram can be used to send messages, stream videos anonymously, and share confidential files, photos, audio files, and other files. This article explains how to hide your phone number in Telegram.
Furthermore, you need to know that all messages are encrypted on the client-side only, and cryptography experts have critiqued the app’s security architecture. However, despite its cloud-based messaging and VoIP service, Telegram’s custom encryption protocol has been demonstrated to have significant security and reliability issues.
However, despite all these reasons, many users still send messages on Telegram and look for ways to anonymize themselves while using the service.
How to Hide Your Phone Number in Telegram
Hiding your phone number In Telegram shouldn’t be something hard to do, but before heading to set, please make use of you’re running this latest Telegram version on your phone with a reliable Internet connection. Here’s how to easily hide your number in settings:
- Launch your Telegram App and go to Settings by clicking on the three horizontal bars in the top left corner.
- Now, choose “Privacy and Security” under Settings.
- Under “Privacy and Security,” locate the Privacy tab where you can select who can view various elements like your profile picture, last seen status, and more.
- Select the “Phone Number” tap and choose the “Nobody” or “My Contacts” option. We recommend selecting “Nobody” for complete privacy.
- The 5 Best Wireless Mouses Under $20
- How to Add and Install Bigboss Repo on iOS
- How to listen to Weather Forecast with Alarms on Android