How to Move Chrome Address Bar to Bottom or Top
When you require information, Google Chrome is the most used browser. However, it can be challenging to browse information using one hand, as the Chrome browser’s address bar is at the top by default. This article explains how to move the Chrome address bar to the bottom or top.
To reach the address bar at the top, you either need long thumbs, or you can easily move the chrome address bar to the bottom of the browser for your convenience.
Google Chrome has introduced a new feature for moving the chrome address bar to the bottom as many users were encountering problems while trying to access the address bar with just one hand.
These new features allow you to easily access the address bar from the bottom of your smartphone screens without stretching your thumbs to reach the address bar. Also, we have come up with how you can easily move it to the bottom of the screen.
How to Move the Address Bar to the Bottom of the Screen
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/i/how-to-move-chrome-address-bar-to-bottom-or-top/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-09-25T00:43:18.000Z
Moving the address bar to the bottom of your Android phone screen is easy. However, before proceeding, make sure you read the warning about the browser’s experimental feature. Because there are chances that you may lose your saved data, or there could be problems with your security.
Don’t miss: How to Allow or Block Pop-Ups in Chrome
Steps for Moving the Address Bar to the Bottom of Your Screen
- Open the Chrome browser on your Android smartphone.
- In the Address bar of the Chrome browser, type ‘chrome://flags’ and tap on Enter or the Search icon.
- You will be redirected to the Experiments page of the browser.
- In this step, Locate the search box on the page to type ‘Chrome duet’ and press Enter.
- Select the Chrome duet from the search results and tap on the default button to get the drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, you will see numerous options such as ‘Enabled’ and ‘Home-search-share,’ the ‘Home-search-Tab’ has a different button configuration, where the share button gets replaced with a button for viewing all the open tabs.
- You can decide the choice as per your preference of the button arrangements for the bottom address bar.
- After deciding on the button arrangement, select ‘Relaunch’ at the bottom to apply the changes.
- Restart Chrome to check if you were able to move the Chrome address bar to the bottom.
How to Move the Address Space to the Top of the Screen
- Open Google Chrome and type Chrome://flags in the URL bar and tap Enter.
Also read: How to Export Bookmarks from Chrome
- Type ‘Chrome duet’ in the search flags option at the top of the page.
- Click on the Chrome duet’s drop-down menu and choose the option of ‘Default.’
- Finally, click on the ‘Relaunch’ button at the bottom of the page to apply the new changes.
- Restart Google Chrome to check the Chrome address bar is shifted to the top again.
We hope the article was helpful.