How To Easily Host On Twitch Channel
Hosting on Twitch has become one of the common forms of collaboration between streamers, where streamers with large numbers of subscribers and viewers help smaller channels. The Host Mode allows your channel viewers to watch another channel without having to leave your channel’s chatroom. This is an excellent way to share and promote your favorite content with friends and keep your community together even when you’re offline. This guide will show you how to host on the Twitch channel easily.
Hosting Twitch On A Desktop
- Go to https://www.twitch.tv in a web browser. You can use any web browser on a Windows or Mac computer.
- Click your username. It’s in the top-right corner of the Twitch website. This will display a drop-down menu.
- Click Channel. This will display your channel with the chatroom on the right side.
- Type /host followed by a channel name in your chat. For example, if you wanted to host the main Twitch channel, you would type /host twitch in your chat. Those viewing your channel will now view the channel you are hosting. Your chatroom will remain active on your channel, but all the views on your channel will count towards the hosted channel’s views.
To stop hosting a channel type /unhost in the chat room.
Don’t miss: How to Easily Watch Twitch on Roku Device
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/i/how-to-host-on-twitch-channel/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-06-08T09:36:56.000Z
Hosting Twitch On A Mobile
- Open the Twitch app. It’s the app that has a purple icon that resembles a speech bubble with two lines.
- If you haven’t already done so, tap with your username or email and the password associated with your Twitch account.
- Click your profile picture. On Android, it’s in the upper-right corner. On iPhone and iPad, it’s in the upper-left corner. This will display your profile options and content.
- Tap the Chat tab. It’s the fourth tab below your profile image at the top. This will display your channel’s chat.
- Type /host followed by a channel name in the chat. For example, if you wanted to host the main Twitch channel, you would type /host twitch in your chat. Those viewing your channel will now view the channel you are hosting. Your chatroom will remain active on your channel, but all the views on your channel will count towards the hosted channel’s views.
To stop hosting a channel, type /unhost in the chat.
Also read: How To Easily Whisper On Twitch
The auto hosting option is useful when you are disconnected from Twitch since you will automatically host channels you have selected before. To enable auto hosting, go to your channel’s settings by clicking on your profile icon. Then, go to the Auto Hosting section to enable this option. It’s done! Now it’s time to select your preferences. You have two options:
You can choose “Host Team Channels” to include team channels in your host list. This will give priority to the team channels that are streaming.
The other option is to choose “Host pre-recorded videos” to add specific channels that you want to host. Then, you can choose the order of appearance, that is, random or the order they appear in the list.
Viola! It’s done.