How To Export Contacts To Excel From Your Mac and iPhone
In this article, we explain how to export Contacts From your Mac and iPhone to Excel.
If you’re one of the many people who employs various methods to manage contacts, eventually, it can become necessary to merge them.
iCloud is a great tool to have if you are a regular iOS or macOS user. This service backs up just about all of your most important information, including your contacts.
For example, Excel is a simple, minimalistic way to organize personal contacts, but if you’re a Apple product user, you’ve inevitably racked up a whole lot of iPhone contacts.
Here are the steps you’ll need to take to export your iPhone contacts to Excel, starting with enabling iCloud syncing.
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/i/how-to-export-contacts-to-excel-from-your-mac-and-iphone/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-05-30T13:06:51.000Z
Well, the process is actually much easier than one would expect. In fact, you can do so from either your iPhone or from your Mac without experiencing too many headaches. In this article, we explain how to export Contacts From your Mac and iPhone.
Don’t miss: Best Ways to Extract Audio from Video
How to export iPhone contacts to Excel
We are going to take a look at how to export contacts to Excel from your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap your name at the top to open your Apple ID profile.
- Tap “iCloud” to go to the settings page.
- You’ll see a list of “Apps Using iCloud.” Enable “Contacts,” which will be near the top of the list, by sliding the toggle to the right so it turns green, and then tap “Merge.”
Make sure to select “Merge” so your phone can share data with iCloud, which means that whenever you update a contact on your phone, iCloud will update it too.
- Next, you’ll want to use a PC or Mac computer. Open iCloud’s website in your browser, and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click “Contacts.”
- From the main panel, click on Contacts
- Select a contact then press cmd + A
- Tap the Gear icon in the bottom right-hand corner
- Select Export vCard
All of your contacts will then appear in your Downloads folder on your Mac. From there, you will want to move this to a safe place, and likely rename the file to My Contacts or something similar.
Export Contacts To Excel From Your Mac and iPhone
If you simply want a way to create a hard copy, you can also print your iCloud contacts from this menu.
- Enter into another tab in your browser the following URL: http://labs.brotherli.ch/vcfconvert/.
- Select “Choose File” and select your recently-created .vcf file.
- Next to “Format” choose “CSV” from the dropdown, then “Comma” in the next box, and check the box next to “Add header line.” Then, click “Convert.”
- From there, it creates a new .csv file in your downloads folder. Again, think about changing the name of this file to something that you remember or put somewhere safe.
The conversion process is a bit tedious, but once you get the hang of it, it’s easy and free to use.
After your file has downloaded, you can open it in Excel or Apple Numbers.
If all went accordingly, your iCloud contacts will be sorted in an organized, alphabetical spreadsheet.