How To Change Your Spotify Password Or Reset It
If you’d like to change your Spotify password, or you’d like to reset the password as you’ve forgotten it, Spotify makes it easy to do so. We’ll show you how to do that for your account.
To change or reset your password, you will use Spotify’s website on your Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook, iPhone, iPad, or Android phone. Unfortunately, the Spotify app itself doesn’t offer the option to change or reset the password.
Changing Your Spotify Password
Follow the steps below:
- Firstly, log on to the Spotify website in your browser of choice. Then, log in with your current password if you haven’t already.
- Then after logging in, click on your profile picture and name in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Next, select “Account.”
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/i/how-to-change-your-spotify-password-or-reset-it/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-05-30T17:36:01.000Z
- This takes you to your account overview. Navigate until you see the third tab in the left sidebar: “Change password.” It’ll be labeled with a lock icon.
Don’t miss: Best Apps You Can Download For Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch In 2021
- Then, put in your current password and your new password.
- Finally, click on the green “Set new password” button to make the change.
The next time you open Spotify on your phone or computer, you may be logged out and asked to enter your new password.
Used Facebook To Sign Up?
This is for if you had used your Facebook account to sign up for your Spotify account. You’ll need your Facebook details to do this.
You can create a separate Spotify password, so you don’t have to log in with Facebook. Create a Spotify password so you can log in with your email address instead of with these easy steps:
- Firstly, Navigate to the Password Reset form and enter the email address associated with your Facebook account.
- Next, an email with a password reset link should appear in your mailbox.
- Finally, follow the link and reset your Spotify password.
What About Two-factor Authentication?
Also read: Best Custom PC Builder Websites
This is one of Spotify’s downsides as it doesn’t offer two-factor authentication, which adds another layer of security to your online accounts.A turnaround to this is that you can log in to Spotify via Facebook, then set up ‘App Passwords,’ which generates a one-time password whenever you access your Facebook account via a third-party service like Spotify.Follow these steps to do this:
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Then go to Settings.
- Next, Select Security and Logins.
- Find “App passwords.”
- Select “Generate app passwords.”
- And you’re done.