How to Change the Time and Date on iPhone
How to Change the Time and Date on iPhone – Your iPhone is designed to display the correct time automatically. However, if you want to change these settings manually, you can do so. Here’s how.
If your iPhone displays the wrong time, you should check to ensure your settings are correct. You can also change the time and date yourself.
How to Manually Adjust the Time and Date on iPhone
To disable automatic time and date and enable the manual option, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap “General” and then tap “Date & Time.”
- Turn off “Set Automatically.”
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/i/how-to-change-the-time-and-date-on-iphone/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-05-13T21:43:43.000Z
Note: If, for some reason, the “Set Automatically” option is disabled, then you will have to turn off Screen Time on your iPhone before you can manually change your date and time settings. Once Screen Time is turned off, start from step one to manually adjust the time and date.
- Tap “Time Zone” and enter the correct time zone for your location.
- Tap the date and time and then set it manually.
Note: If your time is set manually, you will need to change it by hand if you change time zones or when your region switches over to Daylight Saving Time.
How to Use Automatic Settings
To change your iPhone time settings to set automatically, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app and tap “Privacy.”
- Tap “Location Services.” and ensure “Location Services” is turned on.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “System Services,” then ensure “Setting Time Zone” is turned on.
- Go back to the main Settings page. Tap “General” and then tap “Date & Time.”
- On the Date & Time page, ensure that “Set Automatically” is turned on.
- Make sure the correct time zone is displayed.