How To Easily Change A Twitter Handle
To maintain a Twitter account capable of attracting new followers and exacting the right level of influence on your current ones, change is necessary. Your profile pic, bio, handle (your @), and the name has to be worked over to send the right message to every user visiting the profile. In this guide, we will be explaining how to change your Twitter handle.
Changing any part of your Twitter account signifies different things, depending on the new change. For example, a change in profile pic can signify a change in the type of content people can expect from you. Also, a change in the bio can attract a different kind of follower.
The Importance Of Your Twitter Handle
The main importance Of your Twitter handle is branding.
The name and handle you choose are all part of your brand. Your name will become inextricably linked to it as you build a reputation. That’s why your name and (@) are important. When people need help with something, they’ll know how to find you. They’ll know where to go looking.
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/i/how-to-change-a-twitter-handle/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-05-29T21:00:26.000Z
Don’t miss: How To Hide A Facebook Post Without Deleting It
Come to think of it, with the mention of any word or niche, and your mind drifts to someone. You remember their name, or if you’re looking to show them some love, their handle (@) will come to your mind.
Changing your Twitter name and handle can help you become more anonymous online. In addition, it can help you make your brand more recognizable on Twitter.
If you decide to change your Twitter handle, it’s essential to send out some tweets updating everyone on the change. This will help you keep your followers in the loop, will help everyone adjust to the change, and allow you to achieve your goals for the changes efficiently.
So how do you change your names? It’s pretty simple, and you can follow the simple steps below to have it done in no time.
How To Change Your Twitter Handle On Mobile
To change your username on mobile, open up the sliding menu to the left of your screen.
- Select “Settings and Privacy”
- Select “Account” then “Username.”
- Type in your new username and click “save”
Your username should now have been changed, and people won’t be able to find you using your old handle.
Also read: How To Setup And Use Google Docs Offline
Changing Your Display Name On Mobile
Click on your name at the top of the sliding menu to bring up your profile page.
Here, you can make changes to your bio and profile pics and add links or any other info you want to show up as part of your profile.
Once you’ve opened up your profile page,
- Click on “edit profile” just below your header.
- Make the changes you want and save.
- Once you save, whichever changes you’ve made will now appear as part of your new profile.
How To Change Your Twitter Handle On Desktop
- In the Control Panel to the left of your screen, click on “More,” the pop-up below will open.
- Select “Settings and Privacy” from the list of options.
- From the new window, click on “Username.”
- Type in your new username or select one of the suggested names available.
- Click on “Save,” and your changes will be done.
Don’t miss: 10 Best ePub Reader For Android, Windows And Mac
Changing Your Display Name On Desktop
Click on ” Profile ” to change your display name from the same control panel to your left.
- Click on “Edit Profile” from your profile page to change your username.
- In the window that opens, you can type in your new name.
You can also edit or add additional info about yourself from the window shown.
Change Your Twitter Display Name In Your Web Browser
- Open Twitter and log into your account.
- In the upper-left corner of the screen, click on your profile picture to open your profile page.
- On your profile page, select the blue Edit Profile button.
- Enter the new display name under “Name” and click “Save.”
Have you ever had to change your Twitter handle or display name before? What was the reason for these changes? Share your Twitter experience with us in the comments section below.