What is Grubhub? Everything You Need to Know
Grubhub is an online platform that partners with popular restaurants around you to offer delivery for those who don’t already have a delivery feature. They also provide a convenient ordering platform. All of these are done on the Grubhub platform at the tip of your fingers. This article explains what Grubhub is and everything else you need to know about its service.
What is Grubhub?
Grubhub is made possible through an app that can be easily downloaded for free on your iOS or Android devices. Customers use a user-friendly interface to browse through several restaurants and find the one of their desire to order food from.
Grubhub continues to develop and update its services to provide customers with only the best. And with over 24 million active users and over 500,000 orders daily, it is no surprise that Grubhub is one of the most trusted businesses in this market.
COPYRIGHT_NOVA: Published on https://www.novabach.com/i/how-does-grubhub-work/ by Daniel Barrett on 2022-08-15T10:12:59.000Z
- Open your Grubhub app and sign in
- A new box pops up with fields to enter your email and password. Below them, you’ll see the options to use your Facebook or Google account to sign in. However, if you’d prefer to create a new Grubhub account, select Create your account.
- A signup form comes up. Fill it appropriately
- Click on create account
- Return to the homepage and enter your ZIP code into the search bar and then select “Find Food”
- On the next page, a list of available restaurants comes up. There would be a food picture, price list, and customer review. Also, delivery time and distance would be included.
- After selecting a restaurant of your choice, you’ll be redirected to the restaurant’s page. More info is available there.
Don’t miss: What is Audible?: Everything You Need To Know
- Browse through the menu and after deciding on what you want, select and add it to your order. All your order appears on the right-hand side of the screen.
- When you have everything you want, select Proceed to Checkout at the bottom of your order.
- The next screen contains a form to fill out your address information. Most of that will already be populated from before. To the right, you’ll see the breakdown of your order with the total. When you’re ready, click Continue to payment method.
- Fill in your payment method. You can also include a tip in your payment or pay in cash. After all is done, complete your order
- If you entered a phone number, Grubhub will text you when your order is received with an estimated delivery time
Grubhub has a lot of enjoyable features that make ordering food easier. Here are some of those features:
Restaurant Search Option
Numerous restaurants are in partnership with GrubHub across the United States. Options seem endless and unnecessarily long. With the search feature, you get to easily choose your preferred restaurant. The search bar has a filter option that helps you narrow down the options too. Whether by price, review, location, etc.
Users have the option to rate and leave a review for restaurants. This will help other users to know the quality of the place and the food they serve.
If you are down on cash, this is a very good option for you. You can use various online platforms like debit and credit cards, Paypal, etc.
On the app, you can track your orders. Every step and level is noted and sent to you from order received to being prepared till delivered. A GPS tracker makes you see where they are exactly.
The contact info of your driver is provided for easy tracking and monitoring.
You can order up to four days in advance before the actual date. They will also be able to change their orders up until the user receives their order confirmation on the day of the delivery. This will benefit users who just have a busy schedule.
You can quickly cancel and change your order. This is great for users who just don’t have the time or are just really lazy to order something new.
Coupons & Rewards
Grubhub users receive special perks and discounts whenever they use the app to order food multiple times. These coupons include delivery deals, free food, and restaurant rewards. Users can also receive special offers just by subscribing to their e-mailing list.
How To Work For Grubhub
Grubhub delivery drivers are independent contractors working for, and paid by, Grubhub. All you need to do is fill out an application. You’d be approved if you meet all of their criteria. After approval, you’ll be granted access to their app to pick up orders in and deliver them.