Two weeks after WWDC, Apple on Wednesday released iOS 14 beta 2 to developers. The update iterates and refines many of the new features introduced in iOS 14, and here’s everything new that we’ve found so far.
Apple has said that iOS 14 will be available to public beta testers sometime in July, but as of right now, that version has not been released. We’ll be sure to update you whenever that changes.
The second beta of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 comes with some minor tweaks and improvements along with a number of bug fixes. Here’s everything that Apple has changed or introduced in iOS 14 beta 2 below.
Here’s everything new that we’ve found in iOS 14 beta 2
- The iOS 14 Settings app will not allow you to install an update if you’re playing audio on your device: “This update cannot be installed while audio is playing.”
- New icon for the Calendar app
- Small Reminders widget now shows a task rather than just the count:
- Files app now has widget options to “quick access files you’ve recently opened.”
- There’s a new setting for the Music app that allows you to manually disable animated cover art or limit it to Wi-Fi only
- The hands on the icon for the Clock app are slightly thicker
- There are new haptics in the Music app when you press the play, pause, or fast forward buttons
- Clipboard notifications now specify which other iCloud device you pasted from:
- New icons in the Phone section of the Settings app
While Apple is expected to announce the iOS 14 public beta program later this week, you can always install the developer beta on your iPhone right away if you wish to.