Apple today named eight app and game developers receiving an Apple Design Award following WWDC 2020. Apple says winners are recognized for outstanding app design, innovation, ingenuity, and technical achievement.
Below are the eight apps and games that have won the Apple Design Award this year.
- Photo and video editing app “Darkroom” by Bergen Co.
- Animation playground “Looom” by iorama.studio
- CAD app “Shapr3D”
- Digital sheet music app “StaffPad”
- “Sayonara Wild Hearts” from Simogo and Annapurna Interactive
- “Sky: Children of the Light” from thatgamecompany
- “Song of Bloom” from Philipp Stollenmayer
- “Where Cards Fall” from The Game Band and Snowman
All the above apps and games make use of various technologies from Apple including ARKit, Spatial audio, haptics, Metal engine, and more to deliver an immersive and superior experience.
Apple says more than 250 developers have been recognized with Apple Design Awards over the past 20 years.
Don’t Miss: Apple Announces 2020 Apple Design Award Winners